For the first time in the 34 years of the Annual Nova Scotia Export Achievement Awards, two companies were chosen as Nova Scotia Exporters of the Year at ceremonies Tuesday in Halifax.
Spring Loaded Technology of Dartmouth was named the Exporter of the Year for exports of less than $5 million, and Tony’s Meats received the Exporter of the Year award for more than $5 million. The $5 million represents a threshold of total export sales in each category.
Splitting into two categories ensures a small business can always be recognized for the Export of the Year award.
This year’s awards operated under a revised format, with two exporters of the year and five new award categories to honour a wide array of exports.
Category winners were:
• New Exporter Champion of the Year — Dormie Workshop, Halifax
• Business of Diversity Champion of the Year — Eleanor Beaton and Company Communications, Windsor
• Canadian Market Champion of the Year — Tony’s Meats, Antigonish
• International Market Champion of the Year — BlueLight Analytics, Halifax
• Innovation in Business Champion of the Year — InterTalk Critical Information Systems, Dartmouth
The Nova Scotia Export Achievement Awards celebrate Nova Scotia companies and are presented by Nova Scotia Business Inc. and sponsors.
For more information about the awards, visit https://www.novascotiabusiness.com/export-achievement-awards